[hpsdr] Newly acquired ANAN-10 RX audio problems

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Apr 26 07:29:17 PDT 2014

Hi Wolf,

No, the ANAN-10 radio does not use the sound card in the PC; instead, it (an all ANAN-series and HPSDR radios for that matter) generates its own audio output independently.

What the comment below refers to is the sampling rate setting in PowerSDR in the menu at Setup > Audio in which you may select sampling rates of 384 ksps, 192 ksps, 96 ksps or 48 ksps for the data rates between the ANAN-10 and the PC.  Some PCs are unable to handle the faster sampling rates without losing packets.  In these cases the result frequently is distorted audio so it requires a lower sampling rate when that is the case.

73, Joe K5SO