[hpsdr] predistortion

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 8 10:32:39 PST 2014

Hi All,
I just put my new Dell computer on line with Warren's latest creation. All my audio drop outs are gone and the carrier stays at a stable level on AM TX. I still have a bunch of testing to do but everything looks good.
I was able to burn new firmware into Hermes without resorting to using the boot program. I'm glad because I promised myself that the next time I have to set the jumper would be my last because I would mount a switch on the rear panel.
One thought I had while setting up the Power SDR. Why not have the attenuator on TX controlled by software? This would default to a low setting and then toggle up to the sweet spot. Maybe limit it to a range of  6 or10dB so there is no chance for front end damage.
Great Job everyone involved!
Frank WA1GFZ