[hpsdr] Predistortion and different types of amplifiers?

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Wed Feb 12 21:48:15 PST 2014

Ken,

I might do what you propose in order to determine whether or not there
is a benefit prior to enabling the autotuner. That would tell me if I
find a problem with the autotuner engaged whether the problem is that
PureSignal can't do a reasonable job with my TX path (Hermes -> driver
amp -> KXPA100) or the problem is the autotuner. If it is the latter
then I would have to consider modifying the amp to allow sampling
between the amp and the internal tuner, as Lyle has mentioned the
possibility of doing.

Note however that what you propose is really only a possible diagnostic,
not a solution to enabling PureSignal in my actual operating environment.

Thanks,

John
AC0ZG