[hpsdr] Replacement part

KQ8M kq8m at kq8m.com
Sat Jan 4 07:14:48 PST 2014

Good day all and Happy New Year.

I am new to this list.

I have been asked by a gentleman to build an HPSDR PennyWhistle kit. In the process of building the kit I had one of the 1k SMD
resistors decide to take flight. I build projects inside of a pan with high sides which prevents the parts for deciding to leave
when I am hot air soldering but when they decide to take a high angle trajectory they escape never to be located again.

Ok to the question. How can I go about acquiring another captive resistor to replace the escaped one? Can I procure one through TAPR
or do I need to order from a parts distributor. If the later can I get the part specs.

Thanks and  73,

Tim Herrick, KQ8M

Charter Member North Coast Contesters

kq8m at kq8m.com

AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

User Ports: 23, 7373  with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer