[hpsdr] Mercury as Panadaptor for Kenwood Radio ?

Steven Doyle stevej.doyle at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 10 13:58:28 PST 2014

Hi,

I though it might be fun to try and use Mercury as a Panadaptor for a recently restored Kenwood TS-850.

The Kenwood has an IF Out of 8.83 MHz.

So far I have limited success, I don’t really understand how to setup the XVTR settings is PowerSDR.

Here is what I have done so far.

1 Connected the TS-850 to the XV RX IN on Alex and selected XVTR in the Antenna Control panel.

2.If I tune mercury to arround 8.83MHz I can hear plenty of activity for example the commercial AM stations on 7Mhz.

Obviously I would like Mercury to display the correct frequency. Is there any documentation on the XVTR setup or could someone tell me how to do it ?

Cheers

Steve