[hpsdr] Janus Converter Board

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Tue Jan 7 17:27:52 PST 2014

On 1/7/2014 11:33 AM, georg Prinz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there truly no use of Janus? Does nobody have an idea what to do
> with Janus? I guess that there are plenty boards out there
> which could be set up for anything usefulness in our shacks.
>
> 73, Georg, dl2kp

Whilst it is true that Janus has no function with a Mercury based
system, it could still be useful in conjunction with Ozy to form a high
performance audio system. I have two Janus cards, and now two spare Ozy
boards after I upgraded to Metis. I did run a heavily modified version
of KissKonsole to get the data in from Janus, but that was a while ago
and I didn't actually find a real need for such a setup.

I could use it with my old SDR1000, but that is so last-decade now.

It needs a connection, of course, and I only have one spare Atlas. It is
the only one of the HPSDR boards, as far as I know, that actually needs
the -12v supply.

I plan on hanging on to them, and one day a need will arise that the
Janus/Ozy combo will satisfy.

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo