[hpsdr] cuSDR in DL0SDR-Forum

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Thu Jan 9 15:52:37 PST 2014

At 06:35 PM 1/9/2014, dj4dm.wengert at t-online.de wrote:

>Hello  fellow HPSDR-Fans:
>
>The following information  has been  broadcast
>by DK7XL on  behalf  of  Herman, DL3HVH.
>This  information  in short
>points  to  the  fact, that cuSDR is under
>active  construction  and  that  we  may  expect
>a new  verson  including  the  TX-capabilities
>soon.  This  to  me  is  exciting  news.
>
>This   quote  is from  the  German
>"DL0SDR-Forum" that otherwise
>primarily  seems  to  be  concerned  with FLEX-type solutions.
>
>DJ4DM_Dieter
>

>"Liebe Freunde,
>
>wie gestern in der SDR-RUNDE berichtet, gibt es
>über cuSDR folgendendes zu berichten:
>
>1. Seit einigen Wochen ist Hermann wieder sehr aktiv an der Programmierung.
>2. Kooperation mit Warren, NR0V: neue DSP
>library wird eingebunden. Im Prinzip ist damit
>der TX-Pfad mit Warrens DSP auch schon implementiert
>3. Die Oberfläche (GUI) muss für TX-Betrieb erweitert werden
>4. Warren's Software-Architektur der
>unabhängigen 'Channels' passt zu Hermanns
>SW-Architektur der unabhängigen Receiver
>(Transmitter, Chirp-Decoder, etc etc). Alles ist
>bei Hermann auf unabhängige 'Einheiten' (die
>Warren 'Channels' nennt) ausgelegt, so dass auch
>ein Remote-Betrieb implizit schon berücksichtigt
>ist (Client-Server-Architektur).
>5. Einen ersten neuen Stand mit Warren's DSP
>wird es wohl Anfang 2014 geben, der TX-Pfad muss
>vorher noch ausführlich getestet werden
>

>Danke an Hermann, DL3HVH, für diese Information und weiterhin viel Erfolg!
>
>73,
>
>Klaus, DK7XL"

GOOGLE translates:

"Dear friends,

as reported in the SDR-ROUND yesterday, there to
report on forming cuSDR following:

1 For several weeks Hermann is again very active in programming.
2 Cooperation with Warren, NR0V: new DSP library
is included. In principle, therefore, the TX path
with Warren DSP already implemented
3 The interface (GUI) to be extended for TX mode
4 Warren's software architecture of the
independent 'Channels' suits Hermann SW
architecture of the independent receiver
(transmitter, chirp decoder, etc etc). Everything
is at Hermann independent 'units' (the Warren
'Channels' calls) designed so that, implicitly, a
remote operation is already taken into account (client-server architecture).
5 A first new stand with Warren's DSP it will
probably be early 2014, the TX path must first be tested in more detail

Yippee!

Jerry W4UK