[hpsdr] Angelia_v3.9 firmware package

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Jul 1 09:02:44 PDT 2014

All,

Angelia_v3.9 firmware is available for download from

http://www.k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

This firmware fixes Tx spurs that were inadvertently created in v3.8 with its new timing changes; the Tx spurs prevented the PureSignal feature from working properly among other detrimental things.  It is anticipated that Abhi will also put this new Angelia firmware onto the Apache Labs website for download.

Angelia_v3.9 version behaves nicely in my system and also in the testers systems.  Hopefully the fix didn’t break something else which we haven’t detected yet.  I apologize that we must rely on field testing as a final test bed but frankly there is no reasonable way for me or the testers to test every single feature of the software/firmware combination after each change/fix.  There are simply too many configurational arrangements possible for even several testers to be able to evaluate completely in a reasonable amount of time, thus user feedback from the field is quite important to us to confirm that all is well.

This firmware seems to work FB in all of the tests that we’ve conducted but, as always, if anyone notices anything strange or a loss of functionality with this firmware release please provide feedback so that we can check it out and address the issue promptly.

Thank you.

73, Joe K5SO