[hpsdr] Help updating Mercury & Penelope

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Thu Jul 3 18:01:18 PDT 2014

All:
I have a unit consisting of Metis, Mercury and Penelope.  It worked
using "older" software and firmware.  I am attempting to update all.

Computer is an Intel Atom running Windows7 home premium.

I am following update instructions in Rev 1.3 of the Metis manual.

I am using HPSDRProgrammer 2.0.4.0

I was able to successfully update Metis to the latest firmware on the
web site.

Off to update Penelope and Mercury.  I then installed J1 on Metis, and
removed all but Penelope and Metis, with Penelope closest to the power
connector.  Per the structions on page 18 of the manual, I went to
install JP7 on Penelope; it was already installed.  I applied power to
the Atlas bus.  I ran HPSDRProgrammer.  I do not see the tabs in the
manual, only FILE TOOLS and HELP.  I am therefore unable to update
Penelope/Mercury.

Help!  What am I doing wrong???

Thanks & 73,
Jim