[hpsdr] USB-Blaster using Atlas+Magister

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Tue Jun 17 06:01:01 PDT 2014

Hi

Since I don't have an Altera-USB-Blaster, but I can program my
Atlas-based HPSDR-boards with Magister using JTAG, I have analysed, how
I could program Hermes and Angelia also, by using Magister.

I came to the following solution:

A 10-pin Berg female connector with a cable (about 25 cm long) is wired
to a DIN 41612-Connector for putting into the Atlas Bus in the adjacent
Slot besides the Magister.

The Berg-connector is wired like follows:

Pin Berg ---> Signal  ---> Pin Atlas Bus
1  ---> TCK   --->  A24
2   --->  Ground  ---> B24
3    --->   TDO --->  A25
4    --->  not connected since on the boards connected to the
powersupply 3v3 rail
5   --->  TMS  ---> A23
6   --->   n.c.
7   --->  n.c.
9 ---> TDI ---> A27
10 ---> Ground ---> B29

Before my first experiment with this cable, I would like to ask the
Hardware designers, if they can confirm this wiring as ok for
JTAG-Programming of Hermes or Angelia?
Clearly, Hermes has to be powered separately from the Atlas-based
Magister+JTAG-Cable.

Comments are welcome

73, hb9epu