[hpsdr] Frequent database.xml corruption

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Wed Jun 25 07:50:43 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM, VaibhaV Sharma <vaibhav at vaibhavsharma.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> Running the latest version of OpenHPSDR and this problem still exists.
>
> Every few cycles of start-stop on the software causes database.xml to be
> partially written and the next time you launch OpenHPSDR, it refuses to
> start with an XML parsing error.
>
> The only way to fix it then is to delete database.xml, startup in vanilla
> mode and then import a saved config or replace database.xml with an older
> copy.
>
> Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed that this can happen if PowerSDR is not shut down in a
"proper" fashion with things turned off in the correct order. I shut down
in the following order and have no difficulty:

   1. Press "stop" in PowerSDR.
   2. Terminate PowerSDR.
   3. Wait 30 second or so.
   4. Remove power from the radio hardware.

It appears that the windows for PowerSDR are gone from the display before
PowerSDR completes its shutdown process and finishes writing the DB file.
The delay before removing power from the radio hardware seems important to
the process.

--
Brian Lloyd
Lloyd Aviation