[hpsdr] Apache no longer ship direct to the UK

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 07:18:19 PST 2014

Hi Bill, it’s not that simple. The European countries are no ‚Banana
republics’ and I can’t understand the described problems with customs. In
the 90s I shipped all 4 weeks a 40 feet sea container between Germany and my
subsidiary in the US forth and back without any issues. No, only once we got
a reproof when customs discovered a small barrel of German beer for a
company feast, hi.

I certainly understand Abhi’s stress too, but I’m sure he will lose lots of
possible customers due to this current marketing policy. International
acting forwarders hold all resources available to clear customs for a
reasonable fee, very comfortable for the supplier and the customer. I would
really suggest checking this way.

73, Helmut, DC6NY