[hpsdr] Munin2 Update

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Sun Mar 9 17:16:31 PDT 2014

G'day,

FYI, I created a web page with the original mods applied and some graphs
showing the current vs temperature relationship as measured on my
module. This is work in progress...

http://www.ping.net.au/index.php?mode=munin2

My experience is that the NTC device doesn't closely match the
temperature drift of the final transistors. This is due to NTCs having a
non-linear temperature response, which makes it impossible to follow the
linear temperature characteristics of the final amplifier.

I also would like to make mentioning that temperature compensation for
the driver stage in the current design is ignored.

The last two graphs show gain vs frequency relationship and return loss
measured at the amplifier input port. These graphs show a resonance at
around 2.88MHz causing distortion of the amplified signal on 160m and
80m bands.

I would be interested to see measurements taken from other Munin
amplifiers to see if this is result is an isolated or systemic problem.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN