[hpsdr] Munin2 Update

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Mon Mar 10 07:41:20 PDT 2014

Hi Berndt.

Thanks for publishing your  findings. I believe the results you have
achieved are very near what I got.

The main reason I included the stabilization circuit was the problems I
got when using Munin on 24V. The rise in bias current was much higher due
to the higher power dissipation at 24V.

The measured input return loss can be improved just by changing R9 to 56
Ohm. This will lower the gain and probably also remove the resonance you
see in your recording. The gain is still high enough for use on all bands.
This is one of the modifications I was planning to publish soon.

I am very glad to get inputs from people like you and if you can help me
to improve the construction, I´ll be very glad.

I have also found that Munin is not working good with Pre Distortion. I
have worked with Warren to try to find the reason but so far no solutions.
As Munin is very like the PA in ANAN-100/100D it is strange. The only main
difference is that in Munin I use a bifilar wound transformer(L3) to feed
the Vdd and in ANAN-100, the output transformer feeds the Vdd. I have
tested Munin by modifying the output but I see absolutely no difference.
So if you have any ideas to solve this puzzle, I´ll be glad!

In my Hermes/ Apollo TRX, the PS works very good. The improvements in PD
are from -35dBc IMD without PS to -60 dBc with PD.

73, Kjell

På Mon, 10 Mar 2014 03:16:31 +0100, skrev Berndt Josef Wulf

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/