[hpsdr] Speakers

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Mon Mar 10 22:17:37 PDT 2014

You are correct in that none of the SDR applications currently support
stereo modes (Perhaps GnuRadio might support broadcast stereo FM through
a transverter); however, PowerSDR (and other SDR applications) allow the
reception of more than one transmission at a time, and it lets you pan
those transmissions within the stereo field, e.g. you could put one
"receiver" in the left channel and another in the right channel. There
is also the binaural mode which creates a false stereo effect for a mono
transmission, which some find to be very useful. These features may be
more useful with headphones but would still be of use with a pair of
speakers.

John
AC0ZG