[hpsdr] C13 Tunning in Hermes Board

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Thu Mar 27 02:19:33 PDT 2014

Hi Tony.

Both the parallel trap and the serial notch are for attenuating of the
alias signal on ca. 69 MHz.

You need a spectrum analyser to measure the alias signal(or a receiver).
Set Hermes to transmit on 53 MHz, find the alias on 69,88 MHz. Adjust C13
for minimum alias signal strength.

It can be difficult to find the right setting of C13. If the notch is set
for a lower frequency than 69 MHz, the attenuation of the wanted signal at
54 MHz will be to high.

If you do not have a spectrum analyser or RX for 69 MHz, the solution may
be to transmit on 54 MHz and adjust C13 to the point were the 54 MHz
signal starts to drop and then slightly back.

Good luck!

73, Kjell

På Thu, 27 Mar 2014 04:30:45 +0100, skrev Tony Hagen <prosdr at gmail.com>:

Hi,
I am not able to find any details on how do we tune C13.
73s
Tony

--
Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/