[hpsdr] Fwd: RSGB AGM April 2014 VK6PH + VK6VZ receive *Normal Keith Adams Prize*

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sat May 3 07:50:35 PDT 2014

Congratulations Phil and Steve.

73, Helmut, DC6NY

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: hpsdr-bounces at lists.openhpsdr.org
[mailto:hpsdr-bounces at lists.openhpsdr.org] Im Auftrag von Ken N9VV
(Win-7/64)
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. Mai 2014 15:15
An: OpenHPSDR
Betreff: [hpsdr] Fwd: RSGB AGM April 2014 VK6PH + VK6VZ receive *Normal
Keith Adams Prize*

Hooray!

Please join me in sending a special CONGRATULATIONS to Phil Harman VK6PH
(x VK6APH) and Steve Ireland VK6VZ for receiving the 2014 RSGB
*Norman Keith Adams Prize* for the most original article published in
the 2013 volume of RadCom. The article was entitled *In-depth look at
SDR technologies and its future*

The RSGB held its' Annual General Meeting (AGM) in April of this year.
In an unprecedented move, the RSGB recognized the truly state-of-the-art
SDR Articles from last September and October in awarding this coveted
Prize to Phil and Steve.

We need to find the pdf article(s) highlighting this announcement and
post a link for us all to read and enjoy.

Phil has been a tireless high-level contributor to SDR for the ENTIRE
WORLD to enjoy. His work on the original OpenHPSDR Atlas backplane and
subsequent transceiver boards has had a LASTING impact on SDR for us
all. Phil's work with Hermes happened during a period in which he
sustained an eye injury. He has continued to work through this handicap
without a single lapse in OUTSTANDING FPGA Firmware and project
Engineering.

Please let Phil know how much we US Hams appreciate his accomplishments
that have taken the embryonic development of the Hermes to what is now
the entire Apache Transceiver product line that we all enjoy.

Phil, WE ALL VALUE YOUR WORK, beyond measure. It is difficult to come up
with enough the superlative words to HONOR YOU FOR YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
and CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR BELOVED HOBBY.

thank you Phil and Steve,
cheers
73 de Ken N9VV