[hpsdr] Would the real DttSP please stand up?

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Sun May 11 16:22:15 PDT 2014

Hi Larry,

We have generally moved away from DttSP.  From your list below, it looks
like the latest version we used in PowerSDR was:

W5WC/PowerSDR_HPSDR_mRX/Source/DttSP         321d 19h   3049

That sounds about right as I recall.

As far as I know, Flex still uses DttSP in their version of PowerSDR.
Our openHPSDR evolution was to first re-write parts of that version and
then later, as I mentioned, move on to  a newly developed library, "wdsp".

With regard to your DttSP questions:  I believe that DttSP was written
with the goal of being computer architecture and OS INdependent.  The
version in PowerSDR has a fairly substantial interface piece that is
more or less tied to the software architecture of PowerSDR.  The good
news is that there's an interface there and it can be used in other
applications; the bad news is that it limits the flexibility of the
underlying library.

I believe that there must be several users of DttSP out there. openHPSDR
has not made any effort to share fixes and improvements or participate
in a general DttSP repository, at least for quite some time.  All the
changes we made are, of course, open source and available to anyone to
use subject to the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.

73,
Warren  NR0V