[hpsdr] The problem with digital modes

Clyde Washburn k2ue at rochester.rr.com
Mon May 12 07:33:34 PDT 2014

I was expressing an opinion, after observing several 4-5 KHz wide digital signals on 20m keyed for long periods.  I appreciate that
the use of "intelligence" is subject to debate. . .  But some folks seem to feel that all opinions must be judged on internet
forums, and not merely countered with opposing opinions, facts if available, or ignored.

Aside from the perception that it is cool, and new, and makes the operator feel very avante-garde, how is wide digital voice a huge
step forward in spectrum utilization compared to say. . . AM?

Let the vehement mail commence. . .

Clyde Washburn, K2UE

k2ue at ieee.org