[hpsdr] SDR Architectures

Doug Adams douglas.adams at me.com
Sat May 24 21:05:58 PDT 2014

Hi Ken,

Yes, I'm very familiar with Heterodyne, it was my introduction to OpenHPSDR and to the Mac development environment. I met Jeremy at Dayton. He helped me understand his code and the basics of HPSDR.

I'm currently working on an entirely new Mac-centric SDR code. Hopefully I can share it with people soon. If you are also interested in Mac / HPSDR, take a look at W7AY's Metis Framework, it's a great example of object-oriented Objective-C / Cocoa development.

My point in today's post was that we should do more to make sharing of code / algorithms possible. It would be great if each of us could concentrate on his / her particular area of interest and then incorporate "best of breed" components from others. I would gladly setup a Linux or Windows or SBC box to run someone's components if I could access them from within my OS X project.

Phil's proposed SDR-Server architecture could help make that possible.

73’s
Doug - K3TZR