[hpsdr] Remote rig and ANAN transceivers

Conrad Farlow conrad at g0ruz.com
Wed Nov 19 19:48:20 PST 2014

I know that PowerSDR can emulate the TS2000 CAT commands so could I use
this item with my ANAN-10?
http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=457

It might be a convenient way of getting good remote tx/rx latency and a
nice controller/interface box. I don't have a TS2000 so I'm not sure how
to get translate remote end signals into RS232 CAT commands. If I
understand correctly the normal TS2000 implementation is to wire the
radio front panel 4 wire cable and the remote rig RRC-1258 in parallel.

I assume that I can just create virtual com port pairs for PTT? Not sure
how the TS2000 front panel hardware would handle transverters above 23cm
but for the moment that is not an issue.
I just want the nice radio interface and by all account superior low
latency audio of remote rig. I can live with the video latency of team
viewer for the PowerSDR visuals.

I use a Hercules DJ console in the shack but I am unaware of how I can
use this with an internet link. I have seen ipMIDI but this appears to
be for local subnets only. This is unsurprising as most midi
keyboard/music applications are very timing critical. This is not the
case for the remote operation of PowerSDR. The only timing critical
elements are the TX/RX audio, PTT and keyer and from what I have read
remote rig works very well.

I would be interested in hearing how others are doing this, especially
those who are using remote rig units.

73

Conrad G0RUZ