[hpsdr] Demo / Simulation Mode?

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Mon Sep 8 08:00:59 PDT 2014

Hi Ken & Others,

I'm sure PowerSDR does check to be sure a "connection" with the hardware
is in place.  However, the more fundamental issue is that the dataflow
through PowerSDR is driven and clocked by the incoming sample stream.
There must be a sample stream and it must be at the expected sample rate
for proper dataflow to happen.  When one does something like play a WAV
file, the incoming samples are simply over-written by samples from the
file.  However, the timing is still determined by the rate of incoming
samples.

I seem to remember that Flex had a "demo" mode at one point.  One could
probably do something like that again.  However, it might be a fairly
large "weekend project" and the timing for such a project isn't good as
we are in the process of replacing the entire communication protocol
between software and hardware.

73,
Warren  NR0V