[hpsdr] Updated KISS Konsole for Cross-platform Execution

John Laur johnlaur at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 05:03:49 PDT 2014

I have been working on this too. The good news is that this patch
should work fine on mac also. The problem you are likely having is
that you probably have a 64 bit only fftw library. You can check with
'file /opt/local/lib/libfftw3f.dylib' or wherever you have it
installed on your system.

The reason for needing the 32 bit library is that you can compile and
run a 64 bit mono on mac, but MonoMac windows forms won't work because
it still uses carbon. Therefore all of your linked native libraries
have to be 32 bit or universal which is fast becoming the exception on
mac. There are some other implementations of windows forms for mono
that use cocoa, but they may not be enough to work. Using Xamarin.mac
might be a licensing concern also. The alternative is to develop a
second set of ui code using GTK or native mac widgets which sounds bad
and is a lot of work, but is apparently a relatively clean an common
solution to this sort of problem.

Anyway, I am having trouble getting macports to build an i386 or
universal build of fftw. This is way more of a challenge than I
thought it would have been since everything else in macports builds
universal binaries relatively easily. When I am able to get this
working I assume that KK will then work.

73, John KF5SAB