[hpsdr] Munin output low above 20 meters

Rick Dykstra rdykstra at charter.net
Sun Apr 19 17:22:16 PDT 2015

Thanks for the replies, by the way the subject should be above 20
meters...typo.

All my testing has been into a dummy load.  I have three different meters in
line, all show zero reflected, but the forward power varies a little among
them, within 10 watts highest to lowest. All meters are between Munin/Alex
and the dummy load.
There was a suggestion to bypass Alex to see if that was a problem.  I set
the gains to be close to 100 watts out previously. Here's my latest testing,
results are from the meter reading the highest wattage. Current was
approximate reading off power supply analog meter, with Alex in line.

Band	 Gain	Thru Alex	Alex not in line	AMPS
160	51.7	100		82		15
80	55.4	98		70		15
60	54.3	98		68		15
40	50.0	100		100		15
30	51.7	90		80		16
20	48.9	98		100		17
17	38.8	88		130		14.5
15	38.8	80		95		12
12	38.8	70		70		11-12
10	38.8	70		98		14
6	38.8	52		90		18

I'm not sure what is going on. On some bands it  shows more power through
Alex than when it's not in line.
Alex was purchased assembled from TAPR/HPSDR, as was Hermes.
All the parts for Munin were in the parts kit originally shipped back in
2013 ( I think that's when it was).
I do have a question on the multi-turn pots. I didn't use them, I ordered
the ones on the parts list, that the board was laid out for. Is this causing
a problem?
I did change the caps to four 220pf 500V.
I did not put in the mod for the bias stability.

Any ideas, help, or suggestions?

Thanks
Rick