[hpsdr] FFT latency

Roger Rehr W3SZ 73w3sz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 08:35:10 PDT 2015

Hi David,

Thanks for the very necessary correction!  It doesn't matter how many
times I proof my text...something seems to always slip through...a
lifelong annoyance :(

Good thing no lives depended on my verbal/expository skills when I was
working :)

Dave is absolutely right, of course.  The point of my text was that T is
1/bin size.  So there can't be any other variable in the equation when
you are discussing the relationship between T and bin size.

I guess I should do some reading up on "minimal neuronal delay" and see
if I can solve the  problem described in the first paragraph of this
email.  Maybe I just need to do a reverse FFT on my speech/typing before
sending it out.  Or figure out some type of convolutional forward error
correction that I can apply to those communication modes...I know, the
real DSP guys [I am not in that group] would say that wouldn't work for
me... they would say "GIGO and no method of error correction can correct
that"!

Again, thanks for picking that up, David!  And my apologies to the
group.  Ignore the first sentence of the last paragraph of my prior
email, or insert a "DO NOT" before "lead" there.  The rest of my prior
email is OK.  Hopefully no new errors in this one :)

73,

Roger
W3SZ