[hpsdr] FFT latency

G3XJP G3XJP at RhodesG3XJP.plus.com
Tue Apr 7 01:45:47 PDT 2015

gm Simon,
1) I don't have and don't want a waterfall/spectrum display and
2) my SDR does not run on a PC let alone Windows.  It runs on a
dedicated radio.
I do have to have Fourier and his inverse in the real-time signal path -
because I need to get into the freq domain, do the Noise Reduction stuff
and then get back to the time domain.  In that sense, FFT and IFFT are
pure overheads, a means to an end.  And I would have to forget the whole
idea if they produced inherent delays that would make ANY radio on ANY
platform unuseable.  20ms is acceptable.  Only just.  Peter G3XJP