[hpsdr] Bootloader issues

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sun Apr 19 07:34:52 PDT 2015

John,

Just to be clear about your setup/procedure, deal with Mercury first and check that all of these can be answered by “Yes”, please:

1) do have the “Last JTAG” jumper installed on your Mercury target board?

2) do you have JP1 installed on Metis?

3) do you have only Metis and the Mercury board on the Atlas bus?

4) do you have the Metis and Mercury board adjacent to each other on the Atlas bus?

5) do you have the Mercury board located between Metis and the power connector on the Altas board?

6) did you power cycle the Atlas bus before running HPSDR Programmer?

7) when you run HPSDR Programmer do you see “Ethernet1" or “Ethernet2” in the “Interface:” window in the “Computer Interface” section of the display?

8) when you “Interogate” the target board do you see “TAPR - Mercury - 00x020F30” next to the “Interogate” label, under the “Use board as a JTAG Programmer” section of the display?

If you cannot answer “Yes” to all, which are yes and which are no, please?

If one step in the update procedure fails to execute normally, exit HPSDR Bootloader and start fresh; i.e., don’t simply re-click the buttons on the HPSDR Bootloader display, power cycle Atlas and start HPSDR Bootloader up fresh to try again.

73, Joe K5SO