[hpsdr] Setting freq on PowerSDR.

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:31:49 PDT 2015

The advantage of having the Arduino as a CAT serial port is that the
application (PowerSDR) does not have to have focus for it to work. Also,
it is so easy to send CAT commands over the serial port interface.  The
code can be used as a base.  The number of buttons and step encoders and
their functionality is up to the user.

I have recently added an additional button (with a red cap) that is used
as the PTT button.  It simply sends a ZZTX1; CAT command when the
pressed and a ZZTX0; CAT command when released.

The most complex commands are the ones to increment/decrement the band,
mode and filter as these can be changed on the radio using the GUI.  I
simply send the command to get the current setting and when that is
received either increment or decrement the value based on whether it was
up or down (allowing for wrap around).

These really are so easy to build and code.

-- John g0orx/n6lyt