[hpsdr] PowerSDR mRX PS - Full duplex with RX2?

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sat Dec 5 17:33:59 PST 2015

Hi Jim,

In my understanding of the switching logic HPSDR PowerSDR with the ANAN PA boards there seems to be two different methods of accomplishing your stated objective.  Which one to use depends upon which PA board you happen to have in your ANAN-100D:

1)  For ANAN-100Ds using the PA_rev24 board (fitted post-February 2015) RX2 is always directly connected to the RX2 input connector on the Angelia board without any switching at all.  Thus, this connection should work for you straightforwardly with only the “Auto Mute RX2 on TX” checkbox cleared (DUP may need to be enabled too), I think.

2) Unlike 1) above, for ANAN-100Ds using either of the PA_rev15/16 boards (fitted before February 2015) the RX2 input connector to Angelia gets shorted to ground inside the PA board during TX, so RX2 input will not work for you.  But a different approach can be used instead, I think.  Namely, use of EXT 1 or EXT2, should do what you desire.  With EXT1 as an example, connect your sampled rf to the EXT 1 connector on the rear panel and set these settings up in HPSDR PowerSDR:

	- DUP mode enabled
	- Setup/Ant/Filters/Antenna menu: “Ext 1 on Tx” checked
	- Setup/Ant/Filters/Antenna menu: "Disable BYPASS” unchecked

In this case the rf input into the EXT 1 connector on the rear panel will show up on the RX1 PANADAPTER DISPLAY (top display, not the RX2 DISPLAY) during Tx, I believe.

From your description it sounds to me that you have the PA_rev15/16 board in your ANAN-100D, in which case 2) above is your best option, I think.  At least these are a couple of things to try.

73, Joe K5SO