[hpsdr] Diversity - OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.3.6

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Tue Dec 8 08:59:37 PST 2015

Hi Barry,

There was a bug sometime ago where RX1 and RX2 were not always getting
set to the same DSP buffer size ... that would of course cause this kind
of effect due to the differences in delay.  However, I recall that we
fixed that, AND, that would not explain the timing difference changing
after a transmission.

That all said, there is nothing in the software that would explicitly
guarantee that RX1 and RX2 would produce their output at exactly the
same time.  Their processing is independent and, to an extent, it
depends upon when Windows wakes up their processing threads.  I think
that may be what you're hearing.

This is of course very different for "pure Diversity" where the buffers
of samples are mixed on a single thread and the result then passed to
the RX1 receiver channel in the DSP.

73,
Warren  NR0V