[hpsdr] Hermes Pure Signal

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Sat Dec 12 00:43:16 PST 2015

Hi Geoff,

PS or better this current code for adaptive predistortion needs a lot of
room in FPGAs due to very extensive filtering.  This room is not available
on the Mercury board. On the other hand Alfred, HB9EPU, is using his own
algorithm for adaptive predistortion on his Atlas based HPSDR setup with
similar impressive results. Alfred developed an effective method for sample
correlation, so that he can use the given filtering structures.
Unfortunately Alfred is using partly proprietary software licensed for his
person. He can’t share it with others, but it should be possible for a
skilled coder to develop a bypass. I'm sure Alfred is open for coaching.

73, Helmut, DC6NY