[hpsdr] Introducing a "Path Illustrator" feature

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Fri Dec 18 11:24:40 PST 2015

Hi Scott,

Okay, I think I know what is going on there.  Depending upon your operating system, the files in the unzipped folder will show up rather differently.

In some systems, yours in particular I think, the folder files will be shown as

Name 					Type
Path_Illustrator				Application (Windows Self-Extra…)
Path_Illustrator.exe				Unix executable file
Path_Illustrator.pdb				Fireviewer document
Path_Illustrator.vshost.exe		Windows Self-Extra...
Path_Illustrator.vshost.exe.config	Unix executable file
Path_Illustrator.vshost.exe.manifest Unix executable file

You should in this case click only on the “Path_Illustrator” file (i.e., the Application).  Likely your “extra” processes originated from clicks on some of the other files in the folder.

My instructions should’ve perhaps stressed clicking on the Application executable file to start it; sorry for the confusion there.

73, Joe K5SO