[hpsdr] Introducing a "Path Illustrator" feature

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Mon Dec 21 16:35:26 PST 2015

All,

Please note that the PI feature in the HPSDR PowerSDR program is a work in progress.

In particular, some of the details regarding internal routes shown between the DDC modules and the DSP and RXn DISPLAY modules are indeed correct for the new protocol that will be released soon but not always correct for the current protocol that exists in the current PowerSDR program.  I will correct the diagrams in the PowerSDR program to more accurately depict what occurs in the current protocol as quickly as I can.  Nevertheless, while the details shown in the DSP portions of the diagrams may not be uniformly correct in the posted PowerSDR implementation of PI the overall I/O connections shown with regard to what appears at the rear panel coaxial connectors, etc, are generally correct and should give you a feel for how things will function in the final version.

The early announcement and posting of the PI feature was done principally to give you a preview of the concept that is being actively developed.  When the PI feature is finally completed I believe the new feature will prove to be useful to some users and developers.

73, Joe K5SO