[hpsdr] 'trial'

dan edwards w5xz at att.net
Sun Jan 4 18:00:14 PST 2015

VERY kewl, Helmut...

________________________________
 From: Helmut <dc6ny at gmx.de>
To: hpsdr at lists.openhpsdr.org
Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2015 9:38 AM
Subject: [hpsdr] 'trial'

HNY all,
I’m not really sure that our globe will rotate faster in 2015, but I know that many components are becoming faster. A smart ad of Linear Technology in MWRF is announcing the 16-Bit, 210Msps ADC with 100 dB SFDR for a reasonable price. Vectron Int’l offers an ultra low phase noise VCXO for 210 MHz and more and more computer manufacturers start to integrate 10 Gigabit Ethernet even into their laptop peripheral controllers. Phil Harman’s proposal to fill such a computer via a ‘firehose’ of data providing more than 50 MHz of net bandwidth seems very easy to put into practice.
Perhaps I can trigger a discussion about a new advanced hardware generation.
73, Helmut, DC6NY

HPSDR Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
HPSDR web page: http://openhpsdr.org