[hpsdr] Anan-10 spurs

Jan Schommer dl2hbj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:35:03 PDT 2015

Dear sdr friends,

I just bought an Anan-10 via a German distributor and found some strange behavior. Maybe I made a mistake in the software setup but I don’t think so.
It shows some curious spurs in every ham band except 15 m up to about -100 dBm. Spurs are visible up to the 6 m band. There are really a lot on 10 m. Some spurs vary in frequency by varying the supply voltage. The Spurs are not so strong that they really annoy if connected to an antenna. But if used as a measuring device it surely would. For me it seems to be a problem with a (switching?) voltage regulator inside the Anan-10. The antenna was terminated with a 50 Ohm resistor directly at the antenna port.

My Anan-10 has the Serial No. 101050EU and is connected to an Intel I3 running the latest PowerSDR version (v3.2.27). I also tried different PC's, different power supplies as well as a battery. All showed a similar
behavior.

My question is: is this a usual behavior of Hermes or is there a way to fix it? I would be very happy if you have any suggestions!

All the very best,
Jan, DL2HBJ
dl2hbj at gmail.com <mailto:dl2hbj at gmail.com>