[hpsdr] Settings and use of the Alex/HPF/LPF tab in PowerSDR

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:34:52 PDT 2015

Hi Joe, Tim,

Yes, I think that piece of documentation, the “ANAN-100D Users Guide”,
confirms what I thought was happening more or less, but wasn't sure of.

Not that I am happy with that outcome though....     :-)

I was looking for a way to use (part of-) a standard, unmodified copy of
the OpenHPSDR software (I unfortunately do not have the skills to modify
PowerSDR to my needs) for control of a receive-only preselector board,
to select the different bands by using the Alex SPI interface. (I do not
have the Alex board set)

But after finding and reading emails regarding similar attempts on the
reflector I Learned that using the Alex HPF/LPF filter control interface
in alternative ways, other than for control of the Alex filter banks,
unfortunately doesn't seem to fit my needs.

This could have worked reasonably well if only the frequency switching
ranges of the filters and the bypass-switch could have been set in a
much wider range, better even the whole 0 to 30 MHz range, to match the
bands of the preselector.

Well, alright, back to the drawing board I guess.... :-)

Thank you both for your help,

73,

Henry - PA0HJA