[hpsdr] Ozy-Metis (RPi2) gateway

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Mon Jun 1 13:46:26 PDT 2015

On 5/30/2015 3:09 PM, Bob Wisdom wrote:

> I don't know if the RPi2 gateway can be used with a Janus board and an
> Ozy.
>
> I suppose the idea of the gateway is that it is a direct substitute
> for a Metis board as much as practically possible. Of course the
> software is not quite all there yet (eg no multiple Mercury, limited
> Discovery, a few bugs etc.) so its a poor substitute in some regards,
> but for a simple setup at least, it seems to work.
>
> Maybe some other reader on the list might know the theoretical answer
> to your question. The practice is another thing!

I have the Gateway running on a Beaglebone instead of a RPi, but it
doesn't like my Atlas/Janus/Ozy combo. I don't know yet, but I suspect
that the firmware on my Ozy board needs to be at an earlier revision to
talk to Janus. There doesn't seem to be anything in the USB or LAN
protocol that would prevent this from working, but I am open to
correction on that.
Yes, I did remember to connect the -12v supply to Atlas to power Janus.

73  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo