[hpsdr] Alex Board XV Issue

Glenn Elmore n6gn at sonic.net
Mon Jun 8 16:42:39 PDT 2015

This may be entirely apples and oranges but ...

I have an Angelia board that I use with a TAPR-built Alex/tx board and
an Alex/rx board that I've partially loaded - enough to get all the
antenna switching features and a couple of HPFs. these are mounted in
the Hammond Eurocard extrusion and in a larger chassis which also
contains a Pennywhistle 10W PA. It all seems to be working pretty well.

I'm still learning things about PowerSDRmrx as well as the hardware but
thus far, I also have been unable to find any combination of settings
that causes the XVRT rx relay to close.  Everything else works and makes
sense. On the TX side, A1,A2,A3 all work as expected.  On the RX side,
I'm able to either select or bypass the HPF-of-choice while using one of
the TX-Ax inputs.  Furthermore, if under Ant/Filters I ask for EXT1 or
EXT2, the receiver gets a separate input (though I actually am supplied
with the Alex/rx input marked RX2 when I select EXT1 and the one marked
RX1 when I select EXT2, it looks like the labeling in PowerSDR columns
is swapped). But, under no combination of EXT1,EXT2,XVRT settings  that
I can find, even when accompanied by changes in setting under the
transverter tab with a transverted band selected or not, can I ever get
the Alex/RX BNC input marked XVRT to connect.

The hardware is bolted together at present so I can't easily examine the
drive line but I doubt that it is stuck to the rail. The symptom sounds
very similar if not identical to yours.

I think I've also tried all the above with both 100D and 200D as
selected models.

All the above may be subject to cockpit error.

Glenn n6gn