[hpsdr] CAT under PSDR

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Mon May 18 06:33:00 PDT 2015

It's not clear if you are trying to both run PowerSDR and HRD at the same time.  If so,
the second program that is run WILL get the message that you describe, because the first
one already has the serial port (COMM port) open, thus preventing any other program from
using it.

This might be solvable by use of a program like Com0Com or similar, to route the command
requests from one to the other, or using some COMM port muxing program (not sure what
exists).

So a similar problem exists for most physical radios, as well, like for my Elecraft K3,
where I use a microHam DigiKeyer box, their software supports choosing which program is
running and controlling the serial port.  Only one program at a time...  So I can then
switch between, say HRD, BandMaster, N1MM+, etc.  but only one at a time...

Hope this helps you understand the problem, and maybe the way to the solution.  I might be
able to be more specific if I understood exactly what you were trying to do, and what your
expectations were.

73,
George K9TRV
(tired from staffing the TAPR booth at Dayton)

BTW, the TAPR forum was recorded by Gary Pearce, and should show up on his website or
YouTube soon enough...