[hpsdr] Which CPU will be better for HPSDR?

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Sun Nov 1 01:17:40 PDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks for all the input..

I do use HP-powersdr for my Hermes boards and run it 2x simultaneously
on 1 pc
(2 monitors for V/U/SHF and SW).
I like to run it in the highest "performance-mode" that I can,
so high sample rates, wide FFT display, small bin's and highest frame
rate etc..

I'm running an I7 950  for some years now and that one does the job,
with some limitations,
but it will replace now my daily internet/email  dinky-toy pc, that did
breakdown.

So with the "new protocol" in mint, looking for an upgrade.
But I understand that all depends on how the software uses his resources
and thats why I ask.

Thanks.

Bert PA2XHF.