[hpsdr] Orion_v4.0 firmware - ANAN-200D

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Fri Oct 2 15:53:10 PDT 2015

All,

An Orion_v4.0 download package is available for download from

http://k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

The download folder contains Orion_v4.0.rbf, Orion_v4.0.qar (source code, Quartus II archive file), and Orion firmware release notes.

This version disables mic PTT functionality initially in Orion until the “Orion_micPTT_disable” is cleared by Command and Control bit C1[6] when C0=0001_010x by the PC software control program.

This feature prevents Orion from inadvertently powering up in Tx mode under some mic hardware configurations when no PC software control program is running.  Also, firmware controls for ADC3 switching have been implemented in this version to facilitate 3-ADC development work to proceed.

Thanks go to Norbert DL8LAQ for kindly alerting me to the Tx power up issue that occurs with some microphones.  This Tx power up issue is relevant ONLY to hardware that contains the Orion board.

Note that some mic hardware configurations do not have a Tx power up problem with Orion_v3.9.  Nevertheless, my recommendation is to update to this new firmware version anyway, to prevent possible problems for you if you happen change your mic hardware configuration sometime in the future.

73, Joe K5SO