[hpsdr] On Semi Phase Noise Explorer

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Mon Oct 19 14:44:00 PDT 2015

On 10/19/2015 3:03 PM, Hendrickson, Kenneth wrote:

> Please use raw ASCII text in your messages, rather than attaching web pages.  All of your messages are*empty*, except for the attachments.  And the attachments have only text!  Your use of attachments forces everybody to do extra work to read your messages.  In addition to being good netiquette, using ASCII text avoids security problems.

I am perfectly able to read that message. Maybe this is because I stay away from the habit of reading the group messages
using a Web interface,
or an obsolete email client, but I receive them in my Thunderbird Inbox via a POP3 protocol. No extra work to read both
plain ASCII and HTML
formatted messages, even with embedded images and/or other kind of multimedia contents. And about security, I accept
HTML since when the
World Wide Web was born, more than 25 years ago, and still have to catch my first virus... I just don't use Internet
Explorer nor Outlook Express... :-)

Usually I use HTML for all of my messages, as I find plain ASCII messages a thing of the past. I make an exception with
this one, to allow also
those HTML-impaired to be able to read it.

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*
Credo Ut Intelligam

/