[hpsdr] IMD

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Oct 30 03:57:24 PDT 2015

Dear Jim,
You should also consider the phase noise being generated by the various radios involved as
being a possible source of this problem.

Our club found this  to be true during Field Day, and decided that you couldn't just 'run
what you brought', unless it was a known quality radio.  This eliminated the Icom IC-706
family and a number of other radios as incredible sources of phase noise, and being rigs
that just 'did not play nice with others' because of that.

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV