[hpsdr] Alex relay chatter

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Wed Sep 2 07:04:30 PDT 2015

Hi,
I've noticed that the Alex TX filter relays chatter if I do not set
duplex and move the RX frequency away from the initial frequency setting
such that there is an automatic change of filter. Its like the TX
filters keep changing between the two frequencies at quite a frightening
rate. Never noticed this before as I usually run remote and it seems not
to affect the RX path.

To add a bit of context. I set all the NCO frequencies to 7.1 default
during initialisation and then if duplex is not set on RX tune I keep
NCO-0 and NCO-1 in step. If duplex is set I just change NCO-1 on RX
tune. The duplex bit is also set/unset in the CC bytes. This occurs
running just one receiver and no transmitter.

I know I need to trace this through the firmware but its a while since I
did that and a change of computer means I'm no longer set up and can't
really remember what version of Quartus I need. I remember having a few
false starts last time with the wrong versions.

Any help appreciated.
73 Bob G3UKB