[hpsdr] Windows 10

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 08:47:54 PDT 2015

I have had no problems with Windows 10, 64 bit yet.  I did not
need to install USBIO driver (I'm using Metis) or a manual
install of .net Framework 4.0.  I've used (receive only)
PowerSDR and KISS Konsole.

My motherboard is a BioStar Hi-Fi A85W version 5.0 and the CPU
is a AMD A8 5600K 3.9 GHz 4 MB cache  Black Edition.

I have NOT tested transmit, VAC, vCom, com0com, DDutil, or VPS
Mgr yet.

Always make a back-up of your system before an upgrade,
including a restore disc/device.

I went from Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit (activated) to Windows
10 Home 64 bit and Microsoft told me that it was not valid for
an upgrade.  I formatted the C: drive and installed Windows XP,
then upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, then the Windows
10 Home 64 bit would accept it for upgrade.

After seeing Windows 8, I was skeptical, but now I think Windows
10 is usable.

Mike - AA8K