[hpsdr] Windows 10

Roger Rehr W3SZ w3sz73 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:28:48 PDT 2015

An annoying problem with Windows 10 is that if you have more than 512
installed programs/applications, Windows 10 will not show them all on
the Start Menu list of applications.  I experienced this annoying bug,
and I have now installed a non-free utility called Stardock to fix this
problem.  Microsoft has said for sometime that a fix would be
forthcoming, but as of today 9-27-2015 there is still no Microsoft fix.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/29/windows_10_bug_alert_start_menu_breaks_512_entries/

The page below confirms that as of today [well, actually yesterday] the
bug is still a problem:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/some-win32-apps-missing-from-start-menu-all/b41f1f57-5af3-468d-896f-bd283aa6cfdf?page=29

Another issue for some of us venerable SDR aficionados is that the
MAudio Delta44 card drivers do not work properly under Windows 10, even
though they worked properly up through Windows 8.1.  A workaround has
been developed by SM5BSZ for using this card with Linrad under Windows
10, which has worked for me.  MAudio has no plans to provide working
drivers.  Their advice boils down to "buy a new sound card".

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ