[hpsdr] ANAN 10 28Mhz tx spectrum and generated birdie

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Sat Aug 6 00:58:05 PDT 2016

Hi,

I agree with John. Something seems not perfect in the test equipment. Even
PIM can cause that products.
Moreover I can't confirm the predication that the harmonic suppression of
Hermes would be bad and a LPF between the Exciter and the XVTR is
recommended. Don't forget that a bad matched XVTR produces a lot of
harmonics of the IF and LO frequency itself.
I measured with my HP analyzer several HPSDR boards (2 manufactured by
Apache Labs) at 28 MHz and max. power output (OPA 2674 tends to compress!)

Typical harmonic suppression:

f1 = + 27 dBm ; 2f1 = - 23 dBm ; 3f1 = -12 dBm

SFDR of the TX path is better than 60 dB.

73, Helmut, DC6NY