[hpsdr] ANAN-10 28MHz generated birdie

Ralph Ralph.Bird at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 6 04:00:10 PDT 2016

I have had the same problem of a wide drifting birdie in my 144MHz receiver.
As I use the ANAN-10 to drive 144MHz transverters from 28MHz this gives me the IF
to use my DB6NT microwave transverters
(I Have used various good quality 28-144MHz transverters with the same result)

It appears almost immediately on switch on and is noticable at the bottom end
of 144MHz which is my IF for Microwave bands. Drifting LF from about 144.150
down.
The ANAN-10 I have was bought a few years back, direct from Apache Labs India.
and noticed from the first time I used it it had this Birdie. I thought it may have
been picked up locally from some source or other, but When Dom mentioned it
I realised it was not just my set-up or local RF environment.
73
Ralph G4ALY