[hpsdr] PiHPSDR Controller

Abhi A abhiarunoday at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:31:00 PDT 2016

Hello Group,

I’m getting a LOT of emails regarding the piHPSDR controller for John’s
(G0ORX/N6LYT) fantastic new piHPSDR software, therefore, an update is in
order.

Over the past few months I have been working with with John and Kjell
(LA2NI) on the hardware controller, the PiHPSDR Controller allows all mode
transceive including Digital Voice and PSK31 (receive), the controller
supports all ANAN models and the OpenHPSDR Hermes card. The processing core
is a Raspberry Pi 3B with a 64bit quad core processor, IOs consist of 4 USB
ports and an Ethernet port, all the DSP processing is done within the rPi
Broadcom processor.

The control interface consists of:

-          A seven inch touch screen

-          8 function buttons

-          3 function knobs with push switches

-          A tuning knob

For those comfortable with a mouse, any USB or USB wireless mouse will work
with the controller, I use one for point and click tuning!

I have uploaded a picture of a prototype (please note that is a
preproduction unit without the legend printing etc) and some screen grabs
from the actual unit on the Apache Labs yahoo group:

John plans to make the non beta v1.0 software release shortly.

The hardware will be available both finished and as a Kit (without the pi
and screen) shortly.

I cannot answer questions on the pricing and availability as yet, however,
expect an announcement within the next couple of weeks, I thank everyone
for their interest, exiting times!

73,

Abhi