[hpsdr] HPSDR / HPMP

georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Thu Dec 29 12:27:11 PST 2016

Hi,

because of the great response, I uploaded some more fotos:

In this directory

- http://www.qsl.net/d/dl2kp/hpsdr_hpmk_II

you can see the engraving, the gift-box for dk1cm, grinding the base,
drilling the ceramik pipes under water, powder coating
of the base, and the start to produce the paddle.

Here are the sketches and drawings I made:

http://www.qsl.net/d/dl2kp/hpsdr_hpmp_drawings

And finally, some of my tools like small clock_lathe and my X3-milling
machine, which I converted to a CNC-tool:

http://www.qsl.net/d/dl2kp/hpsdr_hpmp_cnc_lathe.

I started in 2013 with my first version completely without any cnc support.
This should have been a gold plated key. But the company which I asked
for gilding ruined my complete work. They were not
used to coat such precision items (but they boasted themself that they
gold plated a WC-cover in an airplane of an american millionaire! HI).
Therefore, I was forced to redo everything. To make it easier, I
converted my X3-milling
machine into a CNC version. This took an other year. Instead of gold
plating the base, I powder coated it with transparent
powder. You can see it on the photo. The orange peel is the typical look
for powder coating. The surface is absolutely flat.

Some properties:

- weight: four pounds
- contacts are one side gold and the other palladium
- contacts are isolated by cramic (one photo shows the drilling of the
ceramic pipe under water.  This is the only way to do
the job)
- there are no springs, but magnets, only, to reset the paddles
- the paddles are made out of aluminium and are red anodized
- the base and the bearing block is made out of brass MS58
- paddles are mounted in thrust ball bearings
- handles are made out of acryl glass
- only set screws are gold plated

I hope you will enjoy the remaining fotos.

73,
Georg
dl2kp

---